.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ode to Betty Jo

Thou life has chosen us to part
And the moments we shared were few.
Our times together were memories made,
That will always remind me of you.

Our lives are made good or bad
By whatever path we choose or do,
And God blessed me greatly,
When my path led me to you.

We sampled each other's candies
Filled with nuts, not so few.
And my life was made the better for it,
Because of the likes of you.

You showed to me a kindness
That was warm and genuine,
With easy laughter and praise...
You made your happiness, mine.

Your life was worth the living,
Because of the folks you came to know.
For the strangers who blessed your presence,
Came away with warmth and faces aglow.

I know that I will not see you again…face to face,
On this terrestrial shore,
But I too know who holds the future
And in His presence,
I look forward to seeing you once more.

posted by aini @ 6:42 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home